Traveling by air can be both stressful and exhausting. When preparing for a short or long flight, there are a few preventative measures to ensure healthier, safer, happier, and less stressful travels.
1. Hydration. Making sure you have adequate water is essential to feeling good. Taking your own water bottle helps to make it easier and reduces the use of plastic bottles.
2. Bring snacks. Preparing healthy snacks can prevent unhealthy food choices at the airport, help protect against hunger in the event of possible delays, and reduces “hangries” that can spoil the holiday mood.
3. Melatonin or Eleuthero are two wonderful supplements used to prevent jet lag. Crossing time zones can be hard on the body.
4. Anxious about flying? Bach Rescue Remedy or a CBD tincture, pill, or edible can help take that edge off. You can also stop by your acupuncturist’s office and get some pre flight ear seeds to calm your nervous system.
5. Acupuncture is a great remedy to prevent preflight jitters and can help your body deal with stress.
6. Hand sanitize the flight tray ASAP. Drop that tray open and spray or wipe away! Those trays carry a ton of germs.
7. Download books to keep your mind occupied during travel.
8. Don’t forget a scarf, to protect the neck from cold air.
9. Gan Mao Ling is a Chinese remedy to boost the immune system and fends off potential illness.
10. Don’t forget to breathe! Deep breaths held for the count of 4 and exhaled to the count of 4 is a great way to calm the nerves.
Acupuncturist, herbalist, Maya abdominal practitioner, and reflexologist Christina Morris is the founder of Element Natural Healing Arts. Writing about health and wellness gives her an outlet to express her care and concern for her beloved community. She believes everyone can achieve better health and happiness–emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually.